Wichita’s most iconic symbol is the Keeper of the Plains. As you have probably noticed,…
Winter driving tips
Residents, remember that the speed limit within the property is 5 mph. Please use caution as winter brings slick roads, and check out the tips below for safe driving this winter.
First, prepare your vehicle. Extreme temperatures can be hard on vehicles. Check the fluids, ensuring that the radiator is winterized, the gas tank is over half-full, and there is plenty of windshield washing fluid. Examine belts, hoses, and brake systems for excessive wear, and have the exhaust system checked – small leaks can allow carbon monoxide to enter the passenger compartment. Measure tire treads for adequate traction, and replace windshield wiper blades if they are ineffective.
On the road remember these winter driving tips:
- If your car begins to slide, steer into the swerve, and anticipate a second skid in the opposite direction as the car straightens out.
- Make turns slowly and gradually. Snow can melt and refreeze as ice.
- Clear all snow hcg injektion online bestellen and ice from windows. Visibility is important. You must be able to see out, and other drivers must be able to see your car.
- Increase the distance between cars. Slick roads increase the distance needed to stop.
Keep a survival kit in your car that includes the following:
- An ice scraper and shovel
- Jumper cables
- Sand or kitty litter for traction
- Extra blankets or clothing
- Non-perishable food
- First aid kit
- Matches and candles or flares
- Tow rope or chain
Find more tips for winter driving here.